1. Choose a sunscreen with advanced protection which provides you with powerful protection from both skin-aging UVA and skin-burning UVB rays.
2. Sunscreens that contain antioxidants such as Vitamin E condition and moisturize your skin.
3. Apply sunscreen at least 20 to 30 minutes before going outdoors.
4. The sun’s rays are strongest between 10:00 AM and 4:00 PM. Protect yourself appropriately. Also know that you should use sunscreen no matter what time you go out to enjoy a bright day.
5. Wear sunscreen even if you are only planning to drive from one indoor location to another. Commonly forgotten exposures include the left arm that sits on the car door ledge when driving, and the rays that warm your face through the sunroof.
6. Winter, spring, summer or fall—sunscreen is needed all year round.
7. Don’t forget to wear protection on cloudy days as well as sunny. UVB rays may be partially blocked by the grayness, but UVA rays are not.
8. Planning to garden or go out for a walk? Wear sun-protective clothing. If you hold fabric up to a light and the light doesn’t shine through, you know you’re safe. Be sure, however, to cover all areas and use sunscreen as well. Make it convenient with a quick spray on like Banana Boat® UltraMist® Continuous Clear Spray Sunscreen.
9. Don’t forget those often-missed spots like ears, lips, eyes and nose. Banana Boat® Sunscreen Sticks are easy to use and great for faces.
10. Tender skin? You can still get sun protection with Banana Boat® Ultra Defense® Sunscreen Lotions. They’re lightweight and enriched with Aloe Vera and Vitamins A & E.